Since this is the first blog post on my new website, I thought I’d share a few things about me. Some are a bit weird and others are things that are a big part of my life. So let’s get started!
1. Next to being a student, I’m also a music teacher. I have been teaching music theory since I was 15 years old. So I’ve been doing it for 8 years. And yes, I absolutely love it!
2. When I was younger I used to read all the time. I was always the one with 8 books in the library, and somehow it hasn’t changed. I used to take a book with me to the toilet and I would sit there for hours just reading. And when I had to go to bed I took a flashlight with me and kept on reading underneath the covers so that my parents wouldn’t notice. I was quite a rebel, wasn’t I?
3. I love dogs! The first thing I’ll do when I have my own home is adopt a dog. It’s definitely a dream of mine!
4. My favourite series is pretty old. I have rewatched it about ten times (probably more) and it has me laughing from the first to the last second: Are You Being Served. In my opinion, it is one of the greatest series that has ever been made! You should definitely check it out.
5. I might have a bit of an obsession with all things that go in a kitchen: cups, plates, mugs, bowls, appliances etc. In my defence, I love cooking, so yeah… That’s my excuse!
6. Speaking of obsessions… I might have a bit too much stationery as well. Again, I am a student, so I use most of it, but you know, it might have gotten a bit out of hand.
7. Since I love to cook (and to eat) I thought I’d share my all-time favourite vegetable: purple cabbage, especially when my granddad makes it. It is so so good! I will definitely do a post about the recipe!
8. I started studying music when I was 7 years old. When it was finally time to pick an instrument to learn, I had absolutely no idea which one to choose. So I listened to all kinds of different instruments and finally chose to play the drums. My parents were probably not as happy with this choice at first, but they immediately agreed to me starting lessons.
9. In 2017 I actually bought my first piece of art. I saw it during a showing and I couldn’t get it off my mind, so I went back and got it.
10. This is probably the weirdest one. I started wearing more makeup when I started university and I taught myself. So when I started watching YouTube videos I noticed a difference between me and the other women. Instead of using my dominant hand to put on mascara on both eyes, I used my left hand for my left eye and my right hand for my right eye. Don’t ask me how I do it, because I have no idea. I can tell you, however, that it is extremely easy. Well… for me at least.
11. Finally, I’m currently studying to be a teacher! So wish me luck! I’m really excited about this course.
I hope you got to know me a bit better and I will see you very soon!
Thanks for reading.
x Evelien x